Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: My comfort=Hubby's Adventure

Chick Peas Curry topped with Cilantro


When I taught at my last school I got to eat the best home made Indian food which had inspired me to take an Indian cooking class.  Every week I used to eat Indian food, but here in Florida I stopped.  I forgot all about it, and when I did think about it I new that Jon didn't like it.  Or, so he said.

After missing out on some of my favorite food I finally got inspired to try making a couple of dishes to see if Jon would like them too.  HE DID!  Tonight we had yummy curried chicken breasts, brown rice, raita, and curried chick peas.  All of these recipes are "my" version of what I learned in class.  YUM!

Ingrediants:
Brown Rice
4 Chicken Breasts(boneless/skinless)
2 c Non-Fat plain yogurt
Pre-made curried chick peas ( I used Kitchens of India from Whole Foods)
1/2 Cucumber
1/4 c Cilantro
3 TB Olive Oil
Curry (to taste)
Chili Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)

Step 1:  Steam brown rice (I use a rice cooker.)
Step 2:  Thinly slice 1/2 of a cucumber(remove and discard seeds and peel), place in a dish and sprinkle with salt.  Let stand.
Step 3:  Heat olive oil in a pan.  Sprinkle chili powder, salt, and curry powder over chicken breasts.  Cook in olive oil.
Step 4:  Raita; Mince cilantro.  Drain liquid from cucumbers (sitting in the salt brings it out).  Mix cilantro, yogurt, cucumbers, and salt and pepper to taste(only a pinch).
Step 5: Heat curried chick peas.

Plating:
Put as much rice as desired on your plate and cover with curried chick peas.  Place a chicken breast next to it. Put some raita on it's own section of the plate.

Enjoy :D



No comments:

Post a Comment